During the Phd project I will make experiments with organized anomalies!) Here are some of them for you to try out.
EXPERIMENT # 1: A Real Story (Rilla)
- Buy a lamb, name it and build a relationship with it. The sheep can live in a farm, but you have to visit it often so it starts to know you and rely on you
- Learn to shear the sheep. When the time comes, shear it in a gentle manner.
- Learn to wash, spin and dye the wool.
- Knit socks (or mittens?) of the wool.
- Go out with the socks and give them to a random person, whose feet seem to be the correct size. Tell her/him the story – what kind of character the sheep has, where does it live, what phases did the work include. The receiver is given no other evidence – s/he has to decide to believe in the story or not. Independently from her/his opinions the story still stays true. You must not tell you are an artist – if the person asks, why are you doing this, say: “not because of any special reason” or something.
- Continue this for the lifetime of the sheep.
EXPERIMENT # 2: Reverse Pickpocketing
Insert some money, lotto coupons, entrance tickets etc. valuables randomly to people’s pockets, when their jackets are hanging in a rack in public places.
EXPERIMENT # 3: Take Me Home
- Grow new house plants by dividing the ones you already have at your home. If you do not have any plants, steal branches from public spaces or ask from your friends. Take care of the plants for several months so that they start to look like real, independent plants, not only branches stuck in the pot. Watch the plants grow and new leafs to emerge.
- Go out with a plant. Select somebody and offer the plant to her/him. Ask the person to take care of the plant because you are not able to do it anymore. You can tell that you have grown the plant by yourself, but do not tell that this is a prank.
EXPERIMENT # 4: The Simplest Act to Cause Embarrassment
Print out PUSH and PULL stickers and insert them to doors in public buildings – to the wrong sides of the door, of course.
EXPERIMENT # 5: Improbable Connections
Graft apple tree branches to the rowans growing around the city. (Rowans approve the apple tree branches well).
EXPERIMENT # 6: Plastic Pebbles
> The Rules
Collect ordinary pebbles. Make 3D scans & prints out of the pebbles, and paint them as realistically as you can. Take the original and the replica pebbles back to the place where you found them.
BONUS EXPERIMENT: Making Dreams Come True
- Select one of the most resilient daydreams you had when you were a child. Something which was then outside your reach but what could be possible to implement in your current situation
- Make the dream come true (at least to some extent)
- Observe yourself: how did you feel when you made the decision to implement the dream? How did you feel when the dream had been accomplished? How similar/different you are from the child-you?